VANMOOF: Always One Step Ahead... this time they get Electrified!
The forward thinking Dutch brand have announced the newest member to their Urban bicycle range, the VANMOOF 10 Electrified.
"The VANMOOF 10 Electrified learns from advances in the car industry and combines the GPS tracking, smart power control and a lightweight, integrated battery. The VANMOOF Electrified represents the next leap forward in our VANMOOF mission to empower urban commuters worldwide."
Features of the bicycle include:
- Smart Power Assist
- Boost your pedal power by up to 80%.
- "The bike's onboard computer monitors your cycling behaviour via a sensor, adjusting the bike's electric power - supplied via the small, lightweight motor in the bike's front wheel - accordingly."
- Keep track of your progress with the integrated dashboard and remote control.
- "Its display features both a battery indicator and a motor power indicator. What's more, the corresponding remote control allows you to turn your bike on and off as required."
- GPS Tracking
- A new dimension in security.
- "(...) offers the solution to tracing the location of your bicycle, should it go astray. This is the Holy Grail for urban cycling, effectively rendering theft obsolete."
Don't get too excited just yet though, this model won't be hitting stores until 2014. However, 200 first-run editions will be available this year to individuals who are willing to participate in 'test-driving' the bike and provide feedback to the product development team. If you're interested in getting involved with the project visit VANMOOF's website and be sure to follow Luv Handles for news and updates.